Okay, I am bad blogger (but hopefully good mommy) because I have not updated since July 15!
In the news around our house:
1. Genny is growing and growing so big - we are in the 3 month clothes now and some of them are small! She's long and skinny (not sure where that comes from, but hey, hopefully it stays!). She will be 3 months old on Tuesday and that's amazing to me.
2. She is sleeping mostly through the night now. She typically goes for 6 1/2 to 7 hours a night before getting up. Last night, she was exhausted and slept from 9:30 pm - 7:00 am!! This was amazing and needed!
3. She is recognizing our faces now not just our voices. When she sees us, she smiles in recognition and it seriously melts the two of us in a second. After a rough day at school, picking her up from day care and seeing the smiles, makes the rest of the junk just disappear.
4. Genny has always held her head up very well, but now we have great neck control as well as head control - we have been using the Bumbo seat to prepare to be sitting and she is doing great at it. She likes it for about 20 minutes, then she's sort of done with it for awhile. We are working on it everyday, so it will get better with time.
5. We are laughing and making new sounds everyday. She is exploring her vocal range and it's adorable "happy Genny" noises as we call them.
6. She is starting not to hate the car seat as much - she does not like to be restrained (because she's a super wiggle bug) and the car seat is just awfully restraining and she has hated it from the word go. But, we are getting to the point that every car ride is not an exercise in her lung strength and I am eternally grateful for that.
7. We have survived colic - this is the most awful thing in the world. The baby just screams for hours at a time and there is little comfort. There would be times we would just cry together - her because of the colic and me because I couldn't help her. There were more than 1 night Aaron would come home from work to the 2 of us sitting on the couch just crying. We still have small fits, but nothing like the hell that we have survived.
8. She is the light of our lives and we are beyond words thrilled to have her in it. She makes us so happy and we love spending time just the 3 of us together. It's amazing the joy she brings for us and the happiness we have together as a family. After working for so long to get her and then waiting for her arrival, we felt such great anticipation for her. What is surprising is how much more love and admiration we have for her than we even thought we could have - it's beyond words describable and she is the most amazing thing I have ever done in my life. Now, we can't picture our days without her smile and sweetness in them. This is what we went through all that for - those moments of happiness and love we share with her.
I will try to update more than once in 2 months! Life is so blissfully busy right now that I just want to enjoy it!