Wednesday, May 26, 2010

School's Out for the Summer!

School's out!! It's actually been out since Friday, but I had some technology training Monday/Tuesday and was still dealing with my tutoring student and getting her done for the year. That has been a bigger issue than I thought it was going to be...her illness (anorexia/bulimia) has prevented her from really being able to focus on her school work because of her lack of nutrition. I have spent hours with her lately just simply trying to get her to finish up the work for the semester so that my summer can start. She doesn't understand because I am not sure with how advanced her illness is that she can understand, how it has affected my life.

On the other hand, our journey toward being a family is still plugging along slowly. I had my meds upped this month and I thought it was going to kill me! The mood swings were so intense and it just made me feel so funky. We just had a positive ovulation test so now we are in the dreaded waiting window, which I won't know an answer until at least June 9. I will be at my friend Sandi's then because she is due June 14th and I said I would come help her during the time she is unable to do many things for herself. I really hope that we caught the timing just right this month and I don't have to take those meds again!! They were bad news bears on me!! I don't know what I would do without Aaron though, he kept me calm when I felt like a woman on the edge of things. He made me take time for myself when I couldn't think straight and I appreciate that in him so much more than he may know.

My main objective for the summer after I get back from my friend's house is to get the new house in order completely. This is not going to be an easy task but at least I can work on it at my own pace over the summer. I just don't like not knowing where things are and having to search through a million boxes to find anything is really annoying. I know it will get there eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment