Thursday, July 22, 2010

Family dynamics??

We went to Aaron's family reunion last weekend. They get together every year with the extended family to just be a family. This is completely foreign to me. My family is spread around the country to say the least and getting all of us in the same place is nearly impossible to do.

When I look at his family, I have to admit there is a level of jealousy attached to it. They are so close and always spend holidays with each other and see each other. My family hasn't done that in several years. We are close in some ways - we love each other and would be there if anything was happening. But they just seem so much closer.

I want to have a close family for our children. I think it's important for them to know we are always the soft place to fall without judgment. We are here for them and want them to do whatever they want to do as long as they are happy. I know Aaron and I will be good parents, we want this so much and that child will be so loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment