Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Well a new plan is in place

I spoke to my RE's office last week and we are getting a plan in place for the FET (frozen embryo transfer). We have started on the ins process - getting it all cleared with them to approve the cycle and the medication. I am not interested in running into the same issues we did in the past with them - this hoop and that hoop.

I received my statement of approval from the company today stating that we are approved for the FET. At least that is one hoop we are officially through, hopefully not too many more to go.

General time frame is off of my next period to start the medicine - a pill 3 times a day for about 2 weeks before I go in for an ultrasound to see how the lining of the uterus is developing. If things are looking good, we will come in the next week to have the transfer.

It's much less invasive than the "fresh" cycles because I do not have to go into the doctor's office all the time to have ultrasounds and blood work. I will only have to take off part of the day for the ultrasound and then for the transfer which will be scheduled for a Friday so I can do the bed rest over the weekend and be back at schoo on that Monday. Their success rate is nearly as high as the fresh cycle, so we are hopeful that this will take and we can be done with all this nonsense.

I really hope this is the end of the road for me because I am dwindling at the end of a rope here, holding on by just a few threads of the rope. There isn't enough of the rope to tie a knot to hold onto anymore. 


1 comment:

  1. You can do it! Sending tons of positive vibes, and remember one step at a time!!!!

    ReplyDelete