Thursday, January 3, 2013

12 weeks and 4 days

I hope everyone had a fantastic New Year's celebration, no matter what you did.

We had a good time with a group of friends. Last year, we went on a party shuttle with a group of friends and it was fantastic. So, we decided to do it again this year. Although it was a bit more interesting being 3 months pregnant and still dealing with morning sickness, plus a terrible head cold. We made sure that we had a back up plan in case I wasn't feeling very well and needed to leave, but fortunately did not need to use it.

Here we are in the 13th week, heading into the second trimester and thankfully getting a bit of relief from the terrible morning sickness. I have to say that whomever named this awful part of pregnancy as morning sickness obviously never had it because it was all day and all night. It didn't matter what I ate, when I ate it, or how much I ate - all of it made me sick. A good day was only coming to the edge or throwing up 4 times, some days were up to 10 or 11 times a day. It is very difficult to function as a human being when all you feel like doing is keeping your head in the toilet and lying in bed with a blanket over your head. I am so glad that it's tapering off finally, now it's maybe once a day every other day or so. I couldn't be more thrilled with this new development.

I have a doctor appointment on Monday to hear the heartbeat and to get the plan for the upcoming doctor appointments. I have ordered a handheld Doppler which should hopefully be here soon so we can hear the heartbeat at home whenever we want. Talk about a relief that will be when it gets here.

Now the weekly update:


How far along? 12 weeks and 4 days
Total weight gain: not sure I have gained much, but I feel like it
Maternity clothes? that's what I am fitting into right now, all maternity pants
Stretch marks? No new ones
Sleep: getting a little bit more sleep now than I have in days due to a terrible head cold
Best moment of the week: spending the new year with my friends and family
Miss anything? I admit that I did wish for a drink on New Year's Eve, but stuck to water and soda
Movement: Nope
Anything making you queasy or sick: FINALLY getting better!
Gender prediction: the dreams are still leaning toward girl
Labor signs: Nope
Symptoms: strong smells, now getting headaches pretty regularly
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? the bloat is coming down on my hands so my rings are back on
Happy or moody most of the time? starting to feel better now than I have so far
Looking forward to: the complete end of the nausea all the time and feeling more like myself again

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED my doppler. It was so reassuring. I watched a youtube video that shows how to use it, and that was helpful. So glad your morning sickness is better.

    ReplyDelete