Wednesday, April 24, 2013

28 Weeks and 3 days

We have hit the 7 month mark! Last trimester, here we are :-)

The adjustment to the GD (gestational diabetes) diagnosis has not been an easy one. I went to the OB for my now every 2 weeks appointment and we talked about the blood sugar numbers I have been getting. They are okay, not awesome but I am working on it. I think the biggest adjustment is that I have been pushing water as my fluids every day. I have a cup at school that is a 24 oz cup and I try to drink at least 4 of those everyday. However, water has no flavor for me so it makes me struggle to drink it - thank goodness for the Crystal Light squeezable flavorings, they make it much more tolerable to make myself drink.


How far along? 28 weeks and 3 days
Total weight gain: was up to 4 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight, but lost a pound - so back down to 3 pounds. This GD diet makes weight gain tough.
Maternity clothes? that's what I am fitting into right now, all maternity pants
Stretch marks? Pretty sure that I have some new ones as my stomach grows
Sleep: sleeping has become a pillow mountain - having the extra support of all the pillows while I am trying to get myself comfortable
Best moment of the week: Finishing my Master's final research paper and submitting it for final edits from my professor! That has been my life for the last few weeks and I am relieved to have it done minus the edits I will have to make
Miss anything? Not really
Movement: she is moving machine - constantly on the move, especially after meals and about 2:30 am. She wakes up and squirms around tons and tons
Anything making you queasy or sick: Random queasy feeling that comes and goes - kind of reminds me of the first trimester
Gender prediction: definitely a girl
Labor signs: Nope
Symptoms: heartburn due to her position, she sits very high and pushes up on my stomach, which causes the acid to be pushing up.
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? they are on a chain around my neck now, they only fit to my knuckle. I found a decent (although not real) replacement to wear so I don't have a bare hand which is very strange after wearing a ring for so long
Happy or moody most of the time? this week has been pretty good, I am waiting for the end of the week so I can see my friends who are coming in for the fun this weekend!
Looking forward to: the awesome baby shower BBQ that is planned for this weekend with our friends and family - we are so looking forward to the fun and seeing everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment