Thursday, May 2, 2013

29 weeks and 4 days

Had my first ultrasound since being diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I was very nervous about this because this diet is tough and somedays I don't do as well as I could, so I was worried that it was going to be affecting the baby too quickly. Thankfully, things were good. Her growth is still very normal - she's in the 56th percentile for weight/growth, which is perfectly were we want her to be. She is now 3.6 pounds and the fluid level is perfect. This was a huge relief to me. The ultrasound tech said she was doing great and we would go back in 4 weeks for another check up.

The weekly update:


How far along? 29 weeks and 4 days
Total weight gain: was up to 4 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight, but lost a pound - so back down to 3 pounds. This GD diet makes weight gain tough.
Maternity clothes? that's what I am fitting into right now, all maternity pants
Stretch marks? Pretty sure that I have some new ones as my stomach grows
Sleep: sleeping has become a pillow mountain - having the extra support of all the pillows while I am trying to get myself comfortable
Best moment of the week: The baby shower BBQ with all of our friends - it was amazing! 
Miss anything? Not really
Movement: she is moving machine - constantly on the move, especially after meals and about 2:30 am. She wakes up and squirms around tons and tons
Anything making you queasy or sick: Random queasy feeling that comes and goes - kind of reminds me of the first trimester
Gender prediction: definitely a girl
Labor signs: Nope
Symptoms: heartburn due to her position, she sits very high and pushes up on my stomach, which causes the acid to be pushing up.
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? they are on a chain around my neck now, they only fit to my knuckle. I found a decent (although not real) replacement to wear so I don't have a bare hand which is very strange after wearing a ring for so long
Happy or moody most of the time? now that all of my Master's work is done, I am so relieved. Now I can just turn my attention to getting set up for baby girl :-)
Looking forward to: organizing and sorting out her things for her room

No comments:

Post a Comment