Friday, June 21, 2013

36 weeks 5 days

This week has been relatively quiet dealing with much organization of the baby's room and supplies to prepare. It could be at any time now, so we are just sitting on pins and needles waiting for her to make her appearance! We are so excited!!

How far along? 36 weeks and 5 days
Total weight gain: 2 pounds total
Maternity clothes? now that school is out, I can just wear more comfy clothes as opposed to having to be dressed up with maternity clothes - I get to be relaxed and I am so grateful for that!
Stretch marks? I have a few new ones on my stomach as she grows - particularly at the bottom part of my belly since she is now sitting a bit lower
Sleep: sleeping is harder and harder for me with the inconsistent contractions I have been having for the past few weeks - I will just fall asleep and then they will come back again. Kind of frustrating!
Best moment of the week: sitting in Genny's finished room on the glider and just feeling at peace with it all - I can't wait til she is here and can be in there herself. Also spending our 4th wedding anniversary with my wonderful husband and having a nice dinner just the two of us.
Miss anything? Not really
 Movement: she moves but her movements are so much lower now that she is dropping
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope not really
Gender prediction: definitely a girl
Labor signs: 4 cm dilated and 75% effaced, contractions are coming close together for awhile, then stopping altogether for hours before coming back inconsistently - kind of frustrating at this point
Symptoms: heartburn for certain, starting to pee all the time (way more than I normally do), breathing hard because she is pushing on my lungs as I walk around all the time
Belly button in or out? In - but pushing itself out
Wedding rings on or off? Well my temporary rings are now too tight due to the swelling that comes from the wonderful St. Louis humidity and 9 month pregnancy symptoms!
Happy or moody most of the time? right now I would say moody because I am frustrated witht he up and down of this early labor. I would rather it get completely going so we can meet her or to stop until later because the emotional ride is really difficult. We spend all day wondering when we are going to see enough progress to head to the hospital. It's very draining
Looking forward to: holding her in my arms and seeing who she looks like - the anticipation is so strong and we are so excited for her arrival!!

No comments:

Post a Comment