Saturday, June 8, 2013

34 weeks and 6 days - organization and sadness

This week was somewhat of a rough one for me.

Thursday was the first anniversary of the passing of my mom. This was an emotional turmoil kind of day, it was tough and I didn't really want to talk to many people because it was hard for me to keep from crying. I spent the day mainly reflecting on things she had taught me in my life and thinking about how excited she would have been for Genny's impending arrival. I know she would have been so excited and spending way too much on items for her out of the sheer enjoyment of it all. My mom knew how tough it was for us to get pregnant and would have been so thrilled to just enjoy the preparation for her arrival. It has been tough to not have her here for me to ask questions about being pregnant and being a good mom, I know she is Genny's angel from above but it's not the same as having her here with us for all these major changes that are about to happen. I am fortunate enough to have Kara as the grandmother and she is doing everything in her power to do enough as grandmother for both herself and my mom - as much as I appreciate it (and believe me, I greatly do appreciate it) it's not the same as having my mom here.

The rest of the week was pretty good overall - I have hit the point of doctor appointment overload though. This week I had my regular OB appointment, plus a chiropractor, and a non-stress test at labor & delivery - this will be a weekly standard until Genny's birth.

We ordered the nursery furniture, which should be picked up next week and today is our painting of the room with friends' assistance. We brought in all the baby shower presents from the garage where they have been hanging out since all the baby showers. We sorted it out into groupings by their purpose to make it easier to put them into the nursery when we are ready for it to all be sorted. It took us the entire afternoon to sort it out but I think it was beneficial. We had so many things from all the generous people who came to the showers, it very much took me about 4 hours just to sort it out! I felt quite productive when I was done and then I was able to see what we had so much of and what we were still missing.

It's almost hard to believe she will be here in no more than 5 weeks! We are ready for it - well as ready as you can be for every part of your life to change without really having a complete understanding of how much! We know it will be an adjustment but this has been a 4 year process to get to this point, we are as ready as we can be for it all.

How far along? 34 weeks and 6 days
Total weight gain: back up to 4 pounds since pre-pregnancy weight - the gestational diabetes makes it tough to gain weight because the diet is pretty restrictive
Maternity clothes? now that school is out, I can just wear more comfy clothes as opposed to having to be dressed up with maternity clothes - I get to be relaxed and I am so grateful for that!
Stretch marks? I have a few new ones on my stomach as she grows - particularly at the bottom part of my belly since she is now sitting a bit lower
Sleep: sleeping is something that happens for about 10-15 minute spurts on and off throughout the night - thankfully now I can just nap when I feel tired
Best moment of the week: getting the nursery furniture ordered - made me feel like we are really making progress with the organization of the nursery
Miss anything? Not really
 Movement: she moves all the time since she is running out of room - particularly she likes to push on my bladder more and more
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope not really
Gender prediction: definitely a girl
Labor signs: Nope
Symptoms: heartburn for certain, starting to pee all the time (way more than I normally do), breathing hard because she is pushing on my lungs as I walk around all the time
Belly button in or out? In - but pushing itself out
Wedding rings on or off? I keep trying to see if my wedding set will fit back on my hand - but I am swollen so it's always just a temporary thing. Pretty sure it will be awhile until they can go back on my hands - maybe the end of the summer or in the early fall
Happy or moody most of the time? this week has been both happy and sad. Happy to get organized with all the baby materials but thoroughly sad with the first anniversary of my mom's passing.
Looking forward to: getting Genny's room painted today and then getting the baby furniture in the room - it makes me feel like this is all getting incredibly real and I am excited for it all

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you're so close to meeting your daughter. Sending lots of love! Hopefully you will feel some of that and hopefully it will ease your sadness, even if it's just the tiniest bit.

    ReplyDelete