Sunday, October 10, 2010

Outcome of the bad day

Why was it a bad day? I got a super faint positive pregnancy test on Friday morning and by Friday afternoon, it was starting to fall apart. I had what's called a chemical pregnancy.

What is a chemical pregnancy? A chemical pregnancy is the clinical term used for a very early miscarriage. In many cases, the positive pregnancy test was achieved before the woman’s period was due but a miscarriage occurred before a heartbeat was able to be seen on an ultrasound.

It's scary and sad.

We are trying to be as positive as we can given the situation right now. This is the first step we have had in the 12 months of trying. However, it does not diminish how I feel about the situation. I am sad...we were "this close" to things working for us finally and right now I have to let myself deal with those emotions.


I am strongly considering taking this cycle off the fertility meds and coming back to it the following month. I am going to call the doctor tomorrow and see what they say.

1 comment: