Monday, October 25, 2010

Seriously body - enough is enough

So my neck pain from last week has now been explained and the answer sucks.

I was in so much pain yesterday that I didn't sleep all night but a short nap of about 20 minutes since midnight. I drove Aaron to the airport this morning - he is in Texas until Wednesday night, so we were up at about 4:30 am (I was all ready awake). After that, I went to the ER to see what was going on. My doctor's office wouldn't open until 9 am and it was 6 am, so I figured it was the better route.

The ER doctor looked at the shoulder/neck area (where all the pain is) and saw how the area is swollen, he had me get X-rays done to make sure it wasn't anything else. The X-rays showed that I have arthritis in my shoulder/neck which is what was what was causing the swelling and pain.

They put me on pain medicine, anti-inflammatory meds, as well as a muscle relaxer. I am to rest the rest of today, let the meds work and take it easy. I just want to sleep because I am so tired. The meds haven't made me tired yet but I can barely wait to get some sleep.

I hate having to miss school, especially when it's a super last minute thing. I didn't have sub plans set so I wrote them at 2 am and emailed them to my co-workers. Thank goodness they are great people and helped me out or I would have been screwed. There is no way that I could have gone to school today, the pain was out of this world. I am just hoping that I feel well enough to go to work tomorrow, I would really hate to miss another day this week.

If it's not one thing, it's another...

No comments:

Post a Comment