Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Positives and Negatives

I will start with the good stuff:

I finally got my period after 51 days since the last one!! I called the RE this morning to get the prescription called in for the new fertility meds and I am ready go right now! We are looking at the first week of March for the IUI and it cannot come quickly enough.


Okay the bad stuff:

My mom called me last night and told me she had been in the hospital for the past 6 days. I didn't know anything about it until she called. Apparently her potassium levels were so low (less 2, which less than 5 is a scary place to be), she had to be put on a ventilator for a few days (she was not so clear on how long) in the ICU and had to have her hands restrained so she didn't pull out the tube. She has had a few blood transfusions as well as multiple IV potassium bags to try to get her levels up out of the extra scary zone. She is due to be released from the hospital today.

All of this happened and I wasn't called or informed by my brother (with whom she lives with at the moment) because she told him not call anyone in the family to let them know what is going on with her. After everything I have done for her in the past several years: running her to the doctors, sitting in ERs, taking her grocery shopping, helping her clean her house, talking to her doctors when she wasn't able to do so, etc...I am not important enough to be given a courtesy call about her being intensive care???? That is B.S. to me and it makes me so angry that I can hardly see straight.

I am really afraid that I am going to get a phone call that her heart has just given out and she died of heart failure with no notice to anything. Her heart has had serious issues since she had the heart attack in 1995 and every time they are much worse than the one before. Eventually her luck of getting better is going to run out. I am not going to have a chance to say good-bye before it happens if things keep progressing the way they are right now. Makes me so sad and angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment