Friday, May 31, 2013

33 weeks and 5 days

Well school is out for the summer and I am so relieved!

It was getting tough to walk around the building with limited breathing ability (baby girl likes to kick at my lungs and ribs so a full breath is kind of tough!).

It's been a crazy week since the school year has ended. Our roommate Bethany has moved out and I have had a slew of different doctor appointments. I have had a chiropractor appointment, an ultrasound, and a non-stress test all within 24 hours. So far, the baby is doing well - she's about 5 pounds 3 ounces and growing very well. I will have more monitoring next week. This is now a weekly adventure, 2 times a week, I have to go to the hospital and be put on the monitors to see how she's moving and growing. All of this is due to the gestational diabetes and making sure that she's not growing too quickly due to it. It's a precaution from the doctor and will continue until the end of the pregnancy.


How far along? 33 weeks and 5 days
Total weight gain: back up to 4 pounds since pre-pregnancy weight - the gestational diabetes makes it tough to gain weight because the diet is pretty restrictive
Maternity clothes? now that school is out, I can just wear more comfy clothes as opposed to having to be dressed up with maternity clothes - I get to be relaxed and I am so grateful for that!
Stretch marks? I have a few new ones on my stomach as she grows
Sleep: sleeping is something that happens for about 10-15 minute spurts on and off throughout the night - thankfully now I can just nap when I feel tired
Best moment of the week: the end of the school year - it was a pretty good year overall but I am just ready to do the prep for Genny's arrival and enjoy the summer with her and Aaron
Miss anything? Not really
 Movement: she is a moving machine! She is a just so busy all the time and pushing on my lungs and other organs!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope not really
Gender prediction: definitely a girl
Labor signs: Nope
Symptoms: heartburn for certain, starting to pee all the time (way more than I normally do), breathing hard because she is pushing on my lungs as I walk around all the time
Belly button in or out? In - but pushing itself out
Wedding rings on or off? I keep trying to see if my wedding set will fit back on my hand - but I am swollen so it's always just a temporary thing. Pretty sure it will be awhile until they can go back on my hands - maybe the end of the summer or in the early fall
Happy or moody most of the time? this week has been both happy and sad. Happy for the end of the school year and kind of sad with the moving out of Bethany
Looking forward to: getting Genny's room painted and organized with all the wonderful supplies people have given us - that's part of the goal for the this week, at least sort out the piles of stuff so once it's all painted, we can just get it in there and set up!


No comments:

Post a Comment