Saturday, May 25, 2013

32 Weeks and 6 Days


Here we are at the end of the school year - one more day to go and I am on break! I cannot wait! I am ready to be off the schedule for awhile, being 8 months pregnant and on your feet all day is harsh on the legs and causing serious swollen feet at the end of the day. I have been rocking some flip flops which are even getting tight at the end of the day. 

Now it's time to get ready for Genny's arrival! We are so excited to meet her after all this time. It feels like a 4 year pregnancy after all the years of trying and the treatments we went through. Our anticipation has just grown and grown.

How far along? 32 weeks and 6 days
Total weight gain: back up to 4 pounds since pre-pregnancy weight - the gestational diabetes makes it tough to gain weight because the diet is pretty restrictive
Maternity clothes? that's what I am fitting into right now, all maternity pants - at least I can start just wearing yoga pants to be comfy as opposed to being dressed up everyday
Stretch marks? I have a few new ones on my stomach as she grows
Sleep: sleeping is something that happens for about 30-45 minute spurts at the night between waking up to get comfortable or to go to the bathroom
Best moment of the week: my 2 baby showers this week - one at the church and the other at school - the outpouring of love from everyone was absolutely amazing and overwhelming to say the least! And the end of the school year! It's been a good year but I am relieved to have it done with so I can just prep for the baby arrival
Miss anything? Not really
 Movement: she is a moving machine! She is a just so busy all the time and pushing on my lungs and other organs!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope not really
Gender prediction: definitely a girl
Labor signs: Nope
Symptoms: heartburn for certain, starting to pee all the time (way more than I normally do), breathing hard because she is pushing on my lungs as I walk around all the time
Belly button in or out? In - but pushing itself out
Wedding rings on or off? only wearing the stunt double rings at the moment - the hand swelling has returned with the increase in the temperature
Happy or moody most of the time? this week has been stressful with the end of the school year, but now that it's pretty well over with - there is a huge sense of relief.
Looking forward to: the very last day of school so I can just relax and get things organized and sorted out for the baby room - our garage has been overtaken by all the baby gifts and we need to sort out what we have some doubles of and what we still need to purchase for baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment