Thursday, February 2, 2012

30 Day Blogging Challenge - Day 4: "Your view on religion"

Okay, disclaimer - these are MY views and MY views only. I do not want to be preached at or judged for what I say. I do not judge others based on their views of religion and I just ask for that in return.

In terms of organized religion, I am not always a fan this because some people just go to church just to say they are going to church. They do not really believe what they are going for and follow through with any of the teachings of whatever religious belief they may have. They got to church because they want other people to see them going to church, it's not because they believe what they are there for in the end. Now, is this everyone - no and I know that. However, in my experiences with organized religion I have seen it more than I care to admit.

Now faith is a separate story for me. I have a deep faith. I have faith in there being a reason we go through what we do and that someday in the future, we will find out what that reason is. I have faith that being a bad place now can lead to being in a good place in the future. I have to have faith that things will work out or I would not be able to get my brain to think about doing IVF again. That is such a huge test of faith, and psyching myself up to do it again takes all the willpower and faith I can muster.

2 comments:

  1. In my experience, faith trumps religion. I don't go to Catholic mass on Sundays anymore, but I talk to God every day, and He is listening. Continually blessing me and giving me peace. There can't be an issue with that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty much my point - glad we are in agreement! :-)

    ReplyDelete